Feb 12, 2010

YValentines in Chocolate Z
This year we're celebrating Valentines a bit differently. Go ahead and roll your eyes lol, because we're doing it as the Japanese do. Girls give guys the chocolates on Valentines, and one month later Guys give gifts or chocolates to the Girls on White Day. So here are the hand made molded chocolates I made for the men in my life.
Done in both White and Milk Chocolate I painted red chocolate into "Love" impression, and then Wrote the name of the person receiving the chocolate on the back.
Here's a simple variation, I painted their name into the mold, again with red chocolate. The ones done this way were given to my husbands family, he requested the more simple looking heart.
This is how I wrapped them up. I used the non-zip sandwich baggies tied off with Red and Pink ribbons.
Again packaged the same way.
This is the heart I made for my husband. I was a little sad at the scratch that appeared in the chocolate during the cooling process, but it still looks great and I'm sure he'll love it. I had a lot of fun painting the flowers with Red chocolate, the leaves and stems with Green chocolate, and the "Love" with White chocolate. This chocolate ended up being a lot larger then I thought it would be, but that's okay my husband has his "time of the month" when he craves chocolate like non other, so I'm sure this will satisfy that craving. *smiles* We'll be sending out more chocolates to all our Women friends for White Day next month. I'm hoping to have some new molds by then, so look forward to seeing more chocolate next month!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sending the boys theirs!! they loved it! Daddy was nice and shared it with Riley who was feeling a little left out... she didn't quite understand a tradition that didn't allow her some sweets! :) And my sweet brayden shared a bite with me so I could try it! Great job! I vote for Milk chocolate for mine ;) haha

    ReplyDelete